Sunday, March 14, 2010

Partycja Rogacka


Diary

First week

I came to Georgia at 5 am at 16 of January. It was so nice that my new flatmate and friend from work, they were waiting for me on the airport. Oh my God I felt so tired, but people from Siqa they invited me for dinner- I really didn’t want go- but I went, and was really nice, I start feel like at home!!! First week of course I start looking how the office is working and teaching name of everybody!!!! It was quite hard because they quite strange for first heard!!!! On Saturday I went for training about Human Rights, I met young people from Svaneti ( it’s part of Georgia, they have also they own dialect), they really enjoyed this training and they had a lot of questions!!! The biggest problem for me was that this training was in Georgian language so I didn’t understand at all, but in evening we went together for the dinner and I started more speak with them and was so funny, I tried traditional Georgian food like: khinkali, kababi, mchadi,mtsvadi, cheese, sulguni, lavashi, everything was delicious!!!! For me the most amazing of this evening was, that I saw traditional Georgian dance, it look fantastic, and I gave myself promise that I have to try it and learn one before I leave Georgia. The same was with music, I had so big problem with sit on one place and I would love to join to dancers. So I came back home so late.....

*******************

Second week

I start to feel more like home, I know where I find everything what I need, I start to know how looks work in my host organization, I visit with other SIQA’s volunteer Careless Children’s house where I will do same activities!! Other volunteers invited me for soccer math, and of course our team won. One evening in our organization is movie night this time was really short Georgian movie but they invited the director, I of course still understand nothing but music I really like!!!

*******************

Third week

I still working about my presentation about Poland, The volunteer she did really good work so I have decided to do something different and show some famous polish people, but it’s always problem to who choose? All week I worked in Siqa and join in other volunteer’s activities. My Georgian is better I don’t have problems with litter – it’s for me a big deal!!! Last Sunday my Georgian teacher she has invited me to her place with other volunteer Alison and we have cooked together and have watched movie, we have spent really great time…but in the evening was waiting Georgian numbers….disaster….

***************

Forth week

I almost all week have spent on the training in Zugdidi, was really cool, the trainers was nice and was so nice to meet other volunteers, people who has the same problems, questions and was so nice to share experiences. All evenings we spent in City bar – the only club-pub there. First minute there was so nice because I met in the bus nice lady and I went with her for coffee and the weather was warmer. Third day we spent in Kutajsi and was seeing, but was to windy. I have met the other volunteer from Poland there. On Sunday I was at home and I tried to cook, one of the best for me Georgian meal – khingali with my flatmate and her friends, The taste was really good, I always eat 2-3, this time I ate 8!!!!

****************

Fifth week

It was crazy week!!! I start first class with kids, they are amazing, but we have a little problem with communications, because they don’t speak Russian or English, but I don’t speak Georgian, yet!! We were dancing Macarena. I found the school where They teach Georgian dances and I have had first class. Only thing what I can said that It more difficult than I thought but I enjoy it a lot!!! Again movie evening!! All weekend I was in Tbilisi, my favorite part is the old one, all churches are amazing.

******************

Sixth week

Work with kids, I enjoy it a lot, but I think that cold was coming to me because I feel so weak. Still Georgian dance class but it getting be more difficult. I start to think to do sth more for the kids, some movie afternoon, but I have problems to find cartoons in Georgian, and I would like to take them for ride by small cars, but it more expensive than I thought so first I have to find some sponsors, I hope it will be working!!! On Friday again movie evening and I pick up one of the kid who knew Russian and I hope that she enjoy!!!

1 comment: